Tuesday, October 16, 2007

A Bachelors Degree Unutilized

When I started working towards my Bachelors Degree in Social Services, I had dreams of saving children. A single mom of two, my children were my world and I suddenly understood that overwhelming fear that my own mother had experienced while raising me. The outside world is dangerous for children and I was bound and determined to do my part to make it a safer place for my children.




When you’re an aspiring Social Worker, your professors job is to get you to see the world thru others eyes. I’ve always been a compassionate person, so I didn’t think it would be hard for me. I seldom pass judgment on others because I know that I myself have done things in my life that some may find undesirable. I realize I am human, as everyone else is, and sometimes our choices aren’t right or right for everyone else. But in the case of a Social Worker, you are bound to encounter people that engage in actions that your mind just cannot fathom. For me, not only did I not want to fathom some of those issues, I could in no way “put myself in their world and see things thru their eyes...


Continue Article...

No comments: